(architecture) STUDIO LIFE

by Friday, June 17, 2016 0 komentar
STUDIO LIFE

Length: Around 5 months.
Time : Monday to Friday, 08.00 to 16.00 (8hours/day, 5days/week)
Activities: Drawing, drawing, and drawing.
.
.
.
.
LOL, NO. I’M KIDDING.

8 hours/day, 5 days/week, only drawing?


NO ONE DID THAT, BRO.

I’ll show you the reality of ‘Architecture Student Life’ and “Studio Life’

First day of studio, no one absent that day. We were excited attending our first day of studio, somehow.

Personally, I do love my spot here:
(my seat on studio, right in the middle. Me and my cousins as laptop background)

Doesn’t everyone looks pretty serious?

Don’t be too surprised. NO ONE doing their final project. They’re on internet or watching movies.
(some were watching movies, some were on facebook)

And still goes until few weeks. Maybe around 2/3 weeks.

We spent most of our time in studio with any kind of useless thing, hahahaha.


Until finally we smelled danger.

Until we realized, DEADLINE WAS GETTING CLOSER.

We’re finally getting in the right track, finally started to draw.
draw,

draw.. 

and draw again..

But it doesn’t mean we didn’t have fun.

Architecture student is human too.
(yes, the black tshirt guy behind my back is human too)

When no idea came up, we (or is it just me?) started draw something useless.
Panda, anyone? 
(well, obviously it’s my drawings)

When we’re tired and fed up with drawings, we’re out for a while, sit on the bench in front of studio, drank some coffee, and talked about some funny stuffs.

(bunch of tired kids)


Or lied down for a second, because we didn’t get sleep the night before.
(we can sleep anywhere anytime)


Or disturb others..

Ok, fine. Let’s take a picture.

Or give massage when one of us had headache ..


Or braid other’s hair..

OK it’s getting ridiculous.

Well,
Even short chit-chat in studio is enough to refresh our brain.


And don’t forget this one.

SELFIE.

(beloved studio friends)


(Title: Night at The Studio)


And the craziest of all.

(ok, let's stop here)
.
.

Clock keep ticking, day by day passed, the critique was ahead, and we still had a lot of things to do.

(total messed up)

Yes, we never have enough time.


Never.


Our ‘studio luggage’ was getting heavier.
(everyday sight on my car's back seat)

Our studio table was super messy.
(no, not mineee)

Choose a quick meal like bread + milk for lunch to save time.

Would you like some bread with Nutella?
(secretly became bread seller)

.
.
.

Final weeks,

pressure was on the air.

Everyone was very serious, everyone tried their best and gave their all.

Sweat and tears.

Frustrated.

Because no matter how hard you try, you never feel good enough.

That was tough.



And finally the crit!

(2nd crit)

(final crit)


Well, we’re not really smiling.

We all were very nervous, sick, nauseous.  (and of course, sleepless)

Only one thoughts in mind, 
“Well, what will be will be.“ 
*surrender mode: on*

(how I released some pressure, made fun others)


Helping each other attach drawings on the wall. 
(busy, busy)

Cheering each other.
(total mess before crit)


Taken from my spot, watching other’s presentation (read: execution), and waiting for my turn.
(this friend got A for her final, my turn was right after her, I was done for)


Hands trembling.

Heart beating.

Brain exploding.

When it came to your turn,

you won’t realize how time passed..

1 hour ..

2 hours ..

.
.

Jut when it’s over, finally you realized the sun already gone down.

Studio friends welcomed you back with smile.

You smiled at them back, felt thankful.

For them, for everything.

.
.

Energy suddenly depleted.
10th level of hunger suddenly attacked.


And I can’t forget the relieved feeling I get right after,

WOAH!

It’s like something heavy that been attached to me for months suddenly disappear.

There’re still a lot of mistakes, of course.

But all I knew was,
IT’S OVVVEERRR! YAY!

I arrived home, went straight to my beloved bed I’ve barely met for the past few months.
Sleep with no worries.
No anxiety.
No nightmare.

Oh how I miss sleep comfortably like this!

Before sleep I slowly whispered my pray to God, praised and thanked Him, for all He has done to me, for all I’ve been going through. Thanked Him for everyone who’ve always been there, supported me, cheered for me, prayed for me. Parents, siblings, and friends. Thanked Him for the countless blessing I received.

From now on, there are only good days and great days left, rite?

I smiled and fell asleep in no time.

.
.
.
.

I sincerely thank you for this kind of experience and memories, dear Studio.

That was superb. *thankful* *tear up*

(my instagram post)
(quote credit to Haruki Murakami-Kafka on the Shore)



(Yudisium: a ceremony before graduation)
(with the late Mr. Yuni, our best and our favorite lecturer of all the time, passed away on 2016 T^T)



NB: This post supposed to be posted months ago, right after my graduation on 2015, but I was too lazy heheh ;)

Atalia

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 komentar :