A SHORT STORY: You Shouldn't (백아연/Baek Ah Yeon - 이럴거면 그러지말지)

by Tuesday, June 02, 2015 0 komentar
It’s Baek Ah Yeon, Korean singer, recent song titled “You Shouldn’t”

(Korea agaiinn? oh gezzzz..)

I'm sorry hahahhaha.

If you’re not Kpop listener, try to listen to this song at least once! 

I personally think this song is so catchy, heartwarming, and the lyric is so deep as well.

First, I’m Baek Ah Yeon’s fan since her 2nd mini album in 2013, with song “Good Boy” (catchy song, cute concept, and the outfit suit my taste very well :P). That’s why I’m so excited when I heard Ah Yeon appear with new song.

Most people disappointed because Baek Ah Yeon didn’t comeback for real, no promotion, just with a Music Video, after 2 years.

And it’s just a Lyrical Video.

I’m kinda disappointed too, because a girl with good voice like Ah Yeon should be known more, appear on screen more, not only the voice.

But for me the song is so great!! Try to play this video below, turn on the subtitle, listen the song, watch the amazing art.


(Btw, you can read/copy the english translation of this MV in the end part of this post)



(I tweeted about it as well)

Yesss, I think every girl have been through this kind of heartbreaking moment in life at least once, right? I think that’s why many people says this song is so touching.

Especially girls.

You can see he’s in love with you but suddenly he disappear like wind, with no reason.
You already soooo close with him, but after one-day-hang-out he never contact you again.
It’s like only one step away before you start the relationship with him, but after he sent you home in one night, he act like nothing happened between you two before.

Admit it, girls. You have been through this kind of irritating moment at least once.

RITTTTEEEEE? RAISE YOUR HAND YOU AGREE!

For me, I’ve been through this 4 or 5 times, I think. In some cases, I was in love with the boy like (I thought) he do. So I gave him green light and waited happily. In other case, I didn’t give him green light because I think it won’t work for us, but he keep appearing like habit, for quite some time.

And what happened when they suddenly disappear like wind for no reason? And even (some of them) appear with someone else soon after?

We didn’t make it, I know. It’s a failure, I know. It’s not even my boyfriend, I know.
But HOWEVER, all of them breaks my heart, don’t know why. Maybe it’s because I already expected too high, or for the ones who keep appearing for a long time, suddenly there’s no more frequent text and calls, it feels so empty inside.

For some reason, I feel dumped and stupid.
And again, afraid to start new relationship.
And again, afraid to give trust to others.
Afraid to be hurt.

I’m sure every girl feels so.

But I realize we can’t just blame it all to the boys.

When you listen to the song, there’s a rap part by a boy. It’s like the answer from the boy why he did that. And I think it's the best answer for girls who keep asking "why did you do that?" just like the first phrase of the song.

And I think it’s normal for the boy to feel that way.

Like..

“Ah, I think we’re not going to work..”
“It’s strange, but I lost my interest on her..”
“I saw a new side of her today, I think I can’t stand it..”
“Don’t know why but it’s getting boring already?”

And something similar.

I’m not too sure, because I’m not a boy heheh. But I guess it’s something like that.
And I realize it’s normal too think that way.
What can you do if you suddenly lost interest?
It’s better to run away before you officially become her man. It will hurt her 100 times more.

But I still hate the part “how you make us feel so stupid”.
It’s like “What’s the point of my green light then? I smiled innocently like stupid.” I don't write how much it hurts, the lyric of the song has explained EVERYTHING.

Just few days after I listened to this song, my best friend of mine suddenly asked.

“I’m a bad boy, right? I left this girl, suddenly.” (he showed me a picture of a girl from his phone.)
“Left her? How?”
“I like her, but suddenly I lost interest. It’s our first time hang out together, I brought my motorbike and she suddenly hugged me from behind and put her chin on my shoulder. I never texted her again after that day. I’m a bad boy, rite?”
I laughed. It's remind me with this song, and I told him to listen to the song.
“Nope. It’s normal to act that way. It must be hurt for the girl, but you did the right thing. It’s okay. Just give her some more time. Time will heal the wound.”

There’s no girl like to be treated that way, it's HURTS, however. But it’s okay. We can’t force you to keep liking us, anyway.



(UPDATE)
I think many people looking for Baek Ah Yeon- You Shouldn't Have lyric/mp3 but end up here read my stories lol, heheh I'm sorry. In case you looking for english lyric, here it goesss! I think the best english translation is by JYP itself (from the MV).

You Shouldn't Have (백아연/Baek Ah Yeon - 이럴거면 그러지말지)
English Translation lyric.

I’m so anxious, I’m wide awake
Why did you have to do that?
I just gotta ask the lame question,
What was I to you?

Nanananananana ~
Was I the only one in a fuss?
Nanananananana ~
I’m honest and truthfull, but you ..

So that’s how it was
I was happy but maybe you weren’t
So that’s how you were back then
Not knowing the truth, I was alone

If we were gonna end like this
You shouldn’t have hugged me that night when taking me home
Your words that made my heart flutter and kept me up all night
You shouldn’t have said those either
You shouldn’t have

You hid from me like coward
I was a fool to believe you’d comeback
Your adoring eyes that gazed at me longingly
I was such a fool for falling for them
Never knew what was coming

Now that it’s all done
I will just say it openly
Your mind has already left me
And I cannot change it

So that’s how it was
I was happy but maybe you weren’t
So that’s how you were back then
All I can think of is you, I am alone

If we were gonna end like this
You shouldn’t have hugged me that night when taking me home
Your words that made my heart flutter and kept me up all night
You shouldn’t have said that, I never even imagined


(RAP PART, BOY'S ANSWER)
Watcha wanna do now
Maybe it’s a momentary feeling
An error might happened soon
I don’t know, but in my opinion it won’t last very long
Not because of you but because of me
This whole relationship won’t last


Oh! This sleepless and painful night
Can you just text me once saying hi?
Wondering what if, I post our stories on SNS
You shouldn’t have liked my posts
It makes me to expect more

Just like the night when you took me home
Come back and hug me warmly
With the words that made my heart flutter and kept me up all night
Let my heart pound once more, make me melt once more

You shouldn’t have said I’m cute You shouldn’t
You shouldn’t have

I’m just talking to myself more and more
These words I’ll never say to you

(PS: Baek Ah Yeon wrote the lyric herself, she's truly a great musician!)

(ANOTHER UPDATE)

Actually, even without promotion (appearance on Music Show), this song rating keep going up up and up! Few weeks after the song came out, she made a appearance on few music show with this song, since the song received sooo much love from the many people. And finally, it reached #1 on Music Bank! yeah. How gladd! :)

Atalia

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 komentar :